Since I just moved to Nashville I wanted to share the top 5 reasons we are here and the perks we’ve enjoyed!
1. LOCATION – Being in the far corner of the US (Seattle, WA) meant that tours were long. LA is a 12 hour drive, Nashville is an all day flight and the east coast might as well be the other side of the world. Nashville is a prime location for touring to the majority of this country’s big cities in just a day. I even drove up to Chicago to visit my in-laws and we plan to go back Easter weekend!
2. SUPPORT – I’ve only been in Nashville for 6 weeks but I have met and hung out with dozens of road widows. The support from other women in this city has been overwhelming and awesome. It’s not that my friends back home aren’t or weren’t supportive! It’s just nice to have empathy rather than sympathy.
3. COST OF LIVING – I’m finding that Nashville is a bit of the “Haves” and the “Have-Nots” and right now we’re the latter. But, in a city of starving musicians and artists, you can find deals galore! Cheap eats, affordable housing – this is the place for that.
4. OPPORTUNITIES – We’ve only been here SIX WEEKS and already my husband’s band has gotten some amazing opportunities that would not have happened if he were elsewhere. Being here and rubbing elbows with other musicians and industry-people gives him a huge advantage.
5. THE WEATHER – The weather has been insane (examples: 40 degree spike in less than 12 hours, tornado warnings, ice storms, hot and muggy, you name it) but I’ve been outside almost everyday. No matter how lonely or out of place I have felt these past few weeks, sunshine and fresh air is good for the soul!
Nashvillians, what do you love about Nashville? What do you miss about your hometown?