My husband is leaving on tour today. He’s been home for quite a while due to the new foster-baby we got in March. I am freaking out a little bit but trying to stay positive. I’ve thought of 10 things I can do while my spouse is traveling with his band.
- Girls Night – this one is obviously a must. You’ve got to get together with a girlfriend … or 7!
- Watch all the TV he would never want to watch – for me, it was Gossip Girl. I’ve been watching it while he’s on tour and I’m all caught up so I need something new. I will probably end up watching some kind of reality TV (like Project Runway or ANTM) that he cares nothing about.
- Organize the house – what can I do with all my spare time while the baby is napping? Organize. Donate old clothes or trade them in for new ones, pull out the lawn furniture, alphabetize the pantry. I’ll be glad I did and it will keep my mind off being home alone.
- Special time with the kid – extra cuddles, walks to the park.
- Try something new with the kid that the hubby wouldn’t mind missing out on – like, introducing dairy to a child that may or may not be lactose intolerant. Or weaning off night-feedings.
- Mani-Pedi – ‘Nough said.
- Go to bed early – get all the extra sleep I can!
- Exercise more – my husband and I are active but he doesn’t like exercise (like treadmill/weights/gym) so I get my best workouts done when he’s away.
- Play dates – get together with other cool (just as busy as we are) mama-kiddo-combos!
- Finish my book – finally.